Sunday, June 22, 2008

Highlights of Dubai Holiday Part 2

The sightseeing was great but the shopping was also awesome. I will not forget that the first thing I bought was not in Dubai but in Abu Dhabi Marina Mall.

Dubai is purple heaven! I remember posing in front of this furniture store because I absolutely loved the sofa.

I will also remember the shopping malls and how fabulous they are. No expense was spared in the flooring, in the themes and decor. My favorite of all is Ibn Batuta Mall. Each entrance of the mall has a theme like this one. A Chinese junk in the middle of the mall? You better believe it...


This entrance to Ibn is also fabulous. I was just not able to take a photo with the huge elephant just behind this wall because everyone was just taking photos.

And then there is the Dubai Festival City mall. I was astounded to see a marina behind it. Sail in, park your yatch and then go shopping? You better believe it...

Aside from the malls, shopping is also surreal at the Gold Souk. I have never seen anything like it. Two blocks of shops with nothing but gold in their windows. Gold and more gold!!! And the wooden canopy added the local flavor to the shopping experience.

One must be ready to do serious shopping in Dubai whether one's poison is the Dubai outlet mall, jewelry or the luxury brand stores. Despite maxing out my credit card and my making a big hole in my wallet, I will be more prepared next time.

In the meantime, my supplies will have to last until the next visit. And pray that I can stay away from Manila shopping malls. =)

Stay tuned for the last part of this highlight series. For the rest of the photos head on out to http://gigidm.multiply.com/

No comments: