Monday, June 8, 2009

Black & White

Since April, my Mondays are Black & White days. This Taiwan drama is broadcasted every Saturday night, uploaded online every Sunday and subbed by a community of fans overnight ready for viewing online by Monday morning usually before noon.

I watch this over at vikki.net (http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/blackandwhite). The concept of community subbing is sooo cool. Everyone who is a member and can translate may contribute to the project. The moderators have already timed the subs and left blank spaces for people to type the sub-title. How cool is that!!!

So anyway, I am so loving this drama. It's a police drama with Vic "Zaizai" Chou Yu Min (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Chou) and Mark Zhao as leads. Zaizai is my favorite F4 of Taiwan. I have been following his career since I was introduced to F4 via Meteor Garden. From the broody Hua Ze Lei to the edgy and sexy Ling in Mars, the funny and quirky Xu Le of Wish To See You, Zaizai has evolved into the mysterious, multi-layered character Chen Zai Tian.

The series as of this post is at episode 18 with 6 more to go. Despite retaining his boyish good looks, Zaizai takes on a policeman with a mysterious past. The character of Chen Zai Tian is playful, loves women, he hates getting hurt, does not like shooting his gun but had a reputation for solving cases.

There are many new things that I've seen from Zaizai in this drama. Images such as sexy dancing on stage are memorable. But what made this one unique and worthy of an award is the depth of Zaizai's dramatic skills now. I knew he has a great comedic timing that is perfect for romantic comedies. Now I know that he can also make me cry!

Needless to say, this drama is one of those that I will be watching more than once. Aside from the great storyline, the cast is awesome and the direction and texture of the drama is very movie like.

I am excited for what Zaizai can do in the future. There is not one moment that I regret joining his fanclub as he is very good to his fans.

As Zaizai turns 28 years old tomorrow, June 9th, I wish him a Happy Birthday and all the best in this world. He deserves it. Zhu ni shang ri kuai le!!!

And watch Black & White everyone! =)




6 comments:

ditdut said...

Thanks for the Lettuce comment.

Man, it's been a really long time since I saw Vic Chou. I know he's been in lots of projects following Meteor Garden, but in my head he would always be the quiet and forlorn Hua Ze Lei.

Charlie said...

I didn't know about that subbing community. I've been relying on Intangibles.

B&W's sure got me back into dramas, reminded me of two summers ago when I watched a number of them and how much fun I had. I had to do it again.

GIGI said...

ditdut, thanks for dropping. And I adore the lettuce couple so I would be happy to comment about them all the time. And Vic Chou is now 28 y/o = uber hot!!!! Hahaha!

Charlie, intangibles are for my future re-watching of dramas. Vikki is the now! Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

im back :)
awww.. black and wait.. ang dahilan kung bakit nanunumbalik ako kay zaizai! hahaha! never fails to amaze me everytime may new series sya... one of his best portrayals so far. :)

Anonymous said...

oopss.. typo.. its supposed to be black and white! LOL! (what am i thinking?!?!)

GIGI said...

Julie, welcome back! I agree one of ZZ's best portrayals so far. I always anticipate his work kasi he always improves and shows something new.