Thursday, March 20, 2008

T'is the season of purple...


In the Christian world, purple is associated with Advent and Lent. The color uplifts, calms the mind and nerves, offers a sense of spirituality and encourages creativity (http://www.sensationalcolor.com/content/view/1061/144/).


I came across this sermon about Uplifting Purple that I'd like to share with you all. It starts of with the lore of when and where the color purple was invented. Then it talks about purple used as bitter irony....of being enveloped in the color of love during moments of hate. Of purple as a symbol of bruised healing. And celebrating it as a color of passionate living.


If you guys aren't doing anything at this point and just reading my blog, why don't you head out to this site (http://www.christchurchsummit.org/Sermons-2003/030309-TheColorPurple.html) and read the rest of it. It certainly gave me a deeper love for the color that I have surrounded myself in since I was twelve years old.


For most Filipinos who are on holidays starting today, may you have a PURPLE weekend. I always have a purple day 365 days in a year 24/7.


No comments: